The term “Gearing Up” usually refers to getting ready for something, especially an upcoming action or event, or preparing for something. It can be used for any number of things, small or large, minor or major, just about anything. For me, it is a motivating term to psyche myself up to face what lies in front of me to tackle. So much of gearing up, in addition to the right mental state, is about having the tools and items necessary to be successful in the endeavor. For instance:
- To kick off each day, before I get out of bed, I say my affirmations, give thanks for another day, and declare that the day will be a grand and glorious one.
- For my daily runs I need running shoes in good condition.
- To make nut butters, I need a strong enough blender (like a cuisinart).
- To protect my face from the sun while outside I need a visor and sunscreen.
- For the bouganvillea to grow and blossom I need to fertilize and water.
- To prevent the rabbits from getting through the walkway gates we need to attach wire mesh.
- And to protect myself and others during the pandemic and into the foreseeable future, I need to wear a face mask to go to the grocery store and when social distancing is not possible.
- To ensure a good nights sleep, I do not drink coffee after 3:30 pm, I refrain from being online after dinner, and as I settle in, I give thanks for another day, affirming peace, love, harmony, health and joy.
- To maintain my health and calm within the current chaos, I need to continue my yoga, breathing, meditation, mindfulness, nutrition and self care programs.
All of the above are forms of “Gearing Up” “Psyching Up” or “Showing Up” that work for me. It all starts in our mind and with our attitude. What processes do you use to get yourself ready to face each new day? Even with challenges and detours and unexpected surprises, I commit to making my day special and worth living. I never want to take it for granted.
With Light and Love and to your Gearing Up, Psyching Up and Showing Up for your Life!